Student Scholarship Programme
We invite all interested students from Chilean and international universities who are currently working on their undergraduate or graduate thesis projects in areas related to the PROCEMIN 2012 conferencethemes to participate in the Student Scholarship Programme.
The conference will provide an outstanding opportunity for the exchange of experiences in and the discussion of mineral processing applied to base metals, precious metals, iron & steel, and non-metallic mining, as well as identifying and discussing major challenges for the creation of value through mineral processing; the role of innovation in this area; the management of human resources; and contributions provided by technology suppliers. Student papers are called for in the following areas:
- Comminution: crushing, grinding, HPGR
- Fundamentals and practical applications of flotation
- Tailings and water management
- Process design, simulation and optimisation
- Transformation of oxides to sulphides: real cases and pending challenges
Students who wish to participate will have to complete the online registration form soon available here. To be considered for a scholarship, candidates should complete the online registration form and attach a zip or rar files containing the extended abstract of their thesis (in English, maximum 3 pages long, formatted as a Word file) before 21 September. The abstract must include a title of no more than 100 characters, authors' full contact details (author's full name, address, phone number, and email), university (faculty and/or department, address, web page) and professors' details (full name, phone number and email).
The Technical Committee will choose the 10 best papers to be considered for the poster session of the technical programme, along with other works. The poster must be prepared in accordance to the standards established in the Poster Preparation Guide here to be published.
The authors of selected abstracts will receive ONE free conference registration fee, which will allow them to participate in all technical sessions and social activities, with the same benefits as a general delegate. Besides, the scholarship considers for national students, when required, the transportation expenses from the city of study or residence to the conference venue; and hotel expenses for three nights. The scholarship DOES NOT consider transportation expenses for international students, which must be financed by the student.
Note: Only ONE beneficiary will be considered per work.
- You are a full time undergraduate (last year) or graduate (Master or PhD) student at a Chilean or foreign fully accredited university.
- You are pursuing a degree in a career relevant to PROCEMIN 2012 conference themes: flotation, comminution, grinding, tailings and water management, concentrator plants, etc.
- You have at least an intermediate knowledge of the English language. In case you are selected for the scholarship, you must be able to present your project in English during the poster session.
Selection Process and Benefits
To begin their participation in the Scholarship Programme, the student will have to complete the online form before 21 September, and attach the following:
- Extended abstract in Word format written in English, 1-3 pages long
- Scanned copy of a valid picture student ID and/or a certificate issued by a university that clearly shows current student status.
The file must not exceed 6MB, must be zipped (zip/rar) and must have a name with the following formats: NAME_SURNAME.
Zipped files must follow the following name format: NAME_SURNAME_Document name.
Telephone: (56 2) 652 1593
Telephone: (56 2) 652 1523