From 20 - 23 November 2012, the 9th International Mineral Processing Conference– Procemin2012, was held at the Sheraton Hotel, Santiago, Chile. The conference was jointly organised by Gecamin, Chile, and the Department of Mining Engineering at the Universidad de Chile. The ninth version of the Congress was organised to offer an international forum where professionals could meet, interact and discuss innovations and recent developments in the areas of base and precious metals, iron, steel, and non-metallic mineral processing.
The Procemin 2012 Organising Committee was proud to welcome over 400 attendees from 19 countries at the International Conference, where 73 lectures on innovations and recent developments related to mineral processing were presented and discussed.
We would like to extend our profound gratitude to all those involved in organising the Procemin 2012 Conference and thank them for their contributions of time, dedication, knowledge sharing, stories of experiences and best industry practices in this meeting. We are particularly grateful to:
- The authors for their invaluable technical contributions and willingness to share their research.
- The technical committee for their collaboration and dedication to the revision of technical articles, a critical process to ensure a high technical quality of the Conference and achieve valuable proceedings.
- The sponsors for their generous support and collaboration with the event.
- The media partners for their assistance in promoting the meeting and bringing updated information to the public in a timely manner.
- The Gecamin team for their hard work, professionalism and continuous commitment to once again making this conference a great success.
- The Advisory Committee for their collaboration in promoting the meeting and support in forming the technical program.
And last but certainly not least, we would like to thank all the participants, whose interest and enthusiasm made this a first class and enriching Conference for all.